Just like Bluebird, REDcard can be loaded with a debit card online. The limits are $200/day and $1000/month. This is an easy way to add an extra $1,000 worth of MS a month. Here’s how you set it up:
- Head to Amex’s REDcard website and login.
- Select “Settings” in the upper right hand corner.
- Select “Link Bank Account & Debit Card” under “Funding and Transfers”.
- Select “Link Debit Card” and enter your information. As soon as it’s linked, it will appear on that same page.
- Now, select “Add Money” in the upper right hand corner.
- You’re linked debit card will be automatically selected unless you have a bank account linked as well. In that case, select your debit card from the drop down menu on the left and select “Review”.
- Enter the amount you want to load and select “Submit”.
- If you get the error shown below, which you will at some point, you need to call Account Protection Services to verify your card. They will have you send in a copy of your license, social security card, and debit card to verify that the account is yours.
- After you verify your account repeat the steps and load your card.
- Gift cards cannot be used to load Amex’s REDcard online.
- You will need to verify your card at some point, but make sure you see the error screen before calling or they won’t be able to verify the account.
- You can see what cards can be used to load REDcard online here.